Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Beijing - Summer Palace 颐和园

6/6/2014  Beijing, Summer Palace (颐和园)


entrance


The Summer Palace ( 颐和园 Yíhé Yuán) is a vast ensemble of lakes, gardens and palaces. The Summer Palace is mainly dominated by Longevity Hill (万寿山)and the Kunming Lake (昆明湖). It covers an expanse of 2.9 square kilometres (720 acres), three-quarters of which is water.

Aaron:

Fo Xiang Ge, Longivity Hill
17 arch bridge
My most favorite part was when we climbed up the tall Longevity Hill and at the top we saw the 17 Arch Bridge. When we climbed down we saw the big, peaceful Kunming Lake and the large stone boat. My most bored part was when we were sitting while listening to rain. We just sat there and spent three hours listening to patterns in the rain.


Gordon:

stone boat (shi fang)
Has anybody seen a boat made of stone? Well if you didn’t I may be lucky. But don’t tell me that if you think they are too heavy because the one I saw was two stories high! I thought that was cool!




chang lang
The longest hall I’ve ever saw was in China’s Summer Palace. It is called Chang Lang. Chang means long, Lang means hall. If you look up, you can see the painted pictures. They are actually stories. You will find full of surprise.

fo xiang ge


No comments:

Post a Comment